What should I do.....

I have been with my other half for over 7 years. We come from very different worlds. Hes a backwoods Mountain Folk, oldtime mountain folk from CA and I'm a country girl from VA. We met in the marines and "found" each other a short while after we both got out. We are currently expecting a lil one in Aug. One problem, He doesnt show any intrest, no emotion, wont go to doc appts with me, starts lil fights over stupid stuff. Since we moved back to VA he hasnt been looking for a job, I am working for min wage, hes not. He always has to be right in our discussions, no matter how hard i try to talk to him about issues, he either doesnt want to or walks away. He still clings to his family like a small child on his moms apron, hes 36 but is still very much a mommy boy. This will be his 3rd child, so he has experience in this sorta thing. Thanks for the advice...

buckshot8338

Asked by buckshot8338 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• leave him he obviously isnt weaned from mommys tit's
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Try couples therapy. He may have some fears that he's not telling you. Having a baby brings about many changes..some good and some bad. Try suggesting that you both go because you want to learn how to communicate more effectively with him and make him happy. That might get him to get his feet in the door at least. GL

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• oh he sounds so much like my husband. Mine refused to go to any lamaze class with me absolutely refused. He was also very very close to his mother. He never helped with discipline and never never backed me up. That led to a lot of pain. You need to go to counsellng for him to understand the importance of him nurturing u plus raising your baby as well as you nurturing him. I'm telling you take that step now because you matter, you're important. U have the right in a relationship to say comfortably and confidently what you need in from your partner at certain times and all of the time. u are stronger than u think. You're near your family again right? Go to them for support. How is is acting is how my husband was, very very similar - mine had a job but was very emotionally distant and uninvolved. Older relatives on bth sides told me men r naturally cold with children. That is a lie. They choose to be. Counseling!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Since we moved back to VA he hasnt been looking for a job,

This will be his 3rd child, so he has experience in this sorta thing.

how does he support the other two ....run and dont look back
    Anonymous