I need to lose weight but i'm really depressed can you help me!!!!!!!!!!!

To start I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder in December. I was unhappy, my husband was unhappy, and it was just to much to handle. I am now on seroquel and lexapro they been trying to find the right combination of the meds but so far no such luck.
Lately my husband has been making me feel worse about myself. So I asked him to open up and tell me the truth about how he see me. What he said was just so painful for me to hear. He basically said that I'm a siren, that I like look fabulous and lure guys in, and then 2 years later. I stop caring about how I look, gain alot of weight, look flabby, and he just can't stand to see me naked. He said that i look uuuggg... (basically not sexy)

But what I wish he would understand is that my body has been through hell. I've had two handsome little boys within two year. I was a high risk pregnancy for both of my children, I was on bedrest for most of time I was pregnant. My probl

nates_wifey623

Asked by nates_wifey623 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• MY QUESTION GOT CUT OFF SO HERE IS THE REST OF IT

My problem is that I need to lose weight, and get back to the way things were. I wanna look and feel good. I wanna lose the weight but I always feel so tired, down, and depressed. I know I've let myself go, and I know that if I continue the way things are now I will end up like my mother who weighs about 400 lbs. and who is alone and without love. That is my worst fear to end up like that.

So please if you can help in anyway possible, it would be much appreciated.
    THANK YOU FOR YOU TIME!!
    nates_wifey623

Answer by nates_wifey623 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• First, I am sorry that you are feeling so lonely and depressed. It sounds like you are going through some difficult times and your issues with weight aren't helping. However, if you do start caring for yourself first, you will see that other areas of your life will improve as well. I was 40lbs overweight after my dd was born. 3.5 years later I was still 40 lbs overweight. I found myself depressed and with a lowered self esteem. I decided to take control of my life. I started a food journal at livestrong.com (under the daily plate tab) and this combined with exercise helped me shed 40+ lbs withing 4 months. I feel great, I look great and every part of my life has dramatically improved. Food journals are proven to be a very effective weight loss tool...if you see what you are putting into your body perhaps you will think twice about your food choices. Good Luck!
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I need to loose weight, add me as a friend maybe we can motivate each other some! I want to loose 30 lbs +
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I just sent you a PM.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 8:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Thats what you need is MOTIVATION and a backup team like the ones above. If your husband wants you to lose the weight he needs to back you up also. Remember its not going to happen overnight. First you need to clean your system out. I know i used Slim Quick Cleanser and after a couple of days I felt good and full of energy. Eat healthy and exercise before you know it you'll be at your goal weight! It all starts with you and what you want.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Losing weight requires a lifestyle change and its not easy.Start with small changes such as drinking more water,eat leaner meats and fruits/veggies.Is there anyway you can get 30 minutes to yourself?If so maybe you can try some walking.I just recently got a treadmill,but have been doing workouts on my bike for a few months and have lost a total of 15 pounds.If you want to lose weight and start feeling better,you have to want it for yourself.Im sorry your dh said that to you,but maybe you guys can work through this through counseling and perhaps you can make it a family thing with getting healthier.
    HealthyMom27

Answer by HealthyMom27 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Imagine yourself as you want to be. Skinny, happy, with your children and husband. Write down goals. Goals become realty if they are on your mind. I use to be over weight, I wrote down some goals and now i see myself as a different person.
    Anonymous

• First things first... get your blood tested for any problems. My thyroid went downhill after I had my baby 15 months ago and losing weight has been really hard. I am on a diet as well.
    As far as your husband is concerned. I am sorry to tell you that what he said to you was atrocious! I feel so badly for you. Trying to lose this weight to impress him is a waste of time. If he doesn't love you at your worst then he is not worth it. I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but it is the truth.
    I have the opposite problem with my husband. He do NOT want me to lose weight, but I am determined.
    If you want to add me I would be glad to support each other in this journey. I need some more motivation. :o) take care!
    Rachael

Answer by Rachael at 12:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Its not always about being "skinny" some people will never get that size, its about being healthy
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• If you start excersizing you will start feeling great about yourself, even if you don't lose anything. [but you will] That's what happened to me anyway. Oh! And also remember that you will ALWAYS be beautiful no matter what weight you are.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 9:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2009