Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Services (revised)

Ok since apparantly people are going to FREAK out. I need to report someone I love. I don't want the kids completely taken away, she just NEEDS HELP. Her kids are under the influence of a mom who SERIOUSLY needs therapy. I have tried MANY times to get her to go. She was sexually abused by her stepfather and needs to talk to someone, (I helped her get away, but EVERYONE else in her life thinks she's lying) She steals, and her kids are learning that from her. The kids get spanked WAY too hard, aren't made to wear seat belts or ride in seats, she is depressive, forces the kids to sleep all the time just because she's "tired", she stays up all night long sometimes and then doesn't take care of them in the morning, they roam around their bedroom until she gets up. When taking medicine she never measures, they just take a gulp that she deems "enough" for them. Bunch of other stuff...but if that helps those who were wondering..

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (15)
  • YEAH DEF report her...
    i feel bad for her kids...

    Answer by jenniek510 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • sorry, my MAIN question, was how do I go about reporting her since it's not a life/death situation?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • ok I never saw the original post or what kind of responses you were getying but this is my take on it. If you think that she just needs help then you still need to take the kids from her for a period of time untill she gets it. I know that if the state takes them it will take forever to get them back, but from what you said they do need to be in adifferent enviroment. Why dont you see if you can talk to her and you keep them for awhile or another family member, that way you can give them back when she is more stable instead of going to court to get them back and the kids are at least somewhere familiar. She needs help, and short of reporting her there really is no way to gaurantee that she will get the help...JMO You do have a responsibility to make suyre these kids are taken care of either by reporting or steping in and taking control of the situation.

    Answer by AK_aries at 8:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • call your local police station and get the number for cps.Or you might even be able to make a report through your local police station.good luck!

    Answer by jenniek510 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • Offer to watch her kids for her so she can go see her doctor. She if she'd be willing to get herself some help first. Depression is a terrible thing to have and cope with and sometimes you need that push to do something about it.

    I would TELL her that you love her and her kids but if she isn't willing to take you up on your offer, that you have no choice but to report her...for the children's best interest of course. Maybe that will wake her up. Good luck!

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • you report it the same way you would report anything is there decision how far to go from there you cant call and say hey she needs help but please dont take them from her

    Answer by AK_aries at 8:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • I'd just flat out call CPS if she doesn't take you up on the offer...

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • I have told her that I would help her in any way poss. she doesn't think she needs help. I told her unless she gets help then I can't be around her anymore. I know it's my responsibility to help the kids, (my neice and nephew) I love them so much. But I'm so scared that 1-she'll hate me forever and I won't get to see them even if she gets help...or 2- she'll get the kids taken away from her permanently

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • Call CPS. This is life or death. Yes she isn't actually taking a gun to their heads, but there could be crash, and accident in the house while she is sleeping, the kids could over dose. etc. there are many options and all bad. you need to call CPS. Let them know you will take the kids if you are willing.

    No matter what, you are doing this for the kids. if she does hate you, it will be hard, but in the long run wouldn't you rather her hate you than those poor kids getting hurt or worse?

    Answer by aly38914290 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • Call CPS and tell them that she NEEDS an informal adjustment. They will be around for 6 months and if she doesnt comply and show effort then they will remove the kids.

    Answer by BIMOM21 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.