Ever been in a car wreck?

I was a passenger when my sister was driving. I was 13, she was 18. A drunk driver pulled out in front of us while she was going 40mph. We t-boned his bronco which tipped him over. He stammered out and was fine. Me and my friend whacked heads in the backseat and since we both had glasses, they sliced us pretty good. The drunk walked away with a slap on the wrist (he worked for the city) and that was that. Oh and my friend and I were NOT in seatbelts. We were very lucky to walk away with a few injuries.

liltymesmom

Asked by liltymesmom at 8:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes i have. I was hit head on by a kid that feel asleep at the wheel--at 3 in the afternoon. I was knocked unconscious and was flown by helicopter to shock trauma in Baltimore. I had a severe concussion, a broken jaw, and a broken ankle, I was in the hospital for almost a month. It is 9 years later and I am pretty much ok--but I still have pain in my jaw if the weather is changing.

Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes and it almost killed me. My head went through the windshield. My daughter was 3 at the time and I had to bust my side window to get out and get her. She wasn't injured. The car was completely upside down in a tree over a small lake. It was so scary. Our dog was killed and to this day I still get violent headaches. It took me 2 years to feel ok in a car and to drive.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 8:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes. I was 28 weeks pregnant and trying to merge onto I-95 from I-285 in Richmond. I was driving a Sunfire and the other main car in the incident was driving a huge 78 dodge truck. We both went for an open spot in one lane & he spun me out. I hit the gaurdrails on the rightside, went across the lanes (hit by the truck & another car) and hit the jersey wall, spun 3 more times from being hit by the same truck & 2 other cars and came to rest on the driver's side right beside the jersey wall. The truck drove for another mile before stopping. I climbed out of the passenger side window (which was facing the sky.) I was taken to the hospital (luckly only 2 miles away) with many lacerations on my head, face & arms.. a broken right forearm, broken nose, 2 broken ribs, broken clavical, and severe bruising on my lower stomach & across my chest (from the seatbelt). The other drivers walked (or drove) away. My baby was fine.
    3earthangels

Answer by 3earthangels at 8:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I haven't, praise God, but reading your stories give me chills.
    My mom and 4 y/o brother died in a car accident on 9/5/78 when I was 11 and after seeing them at the funeral (open caskets) all I think about is how utterly scared my mom must have felt before she died.
    I praise God that you all are alive today, but I can only imagine the horrors that still must creep into your hearts when you think of your close calls.
    {{HUGS}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes.
    I was in 5 accidents in a 7 yr time period. Pretty much one a year LOL. Twice my cars were totalled and I ended up with back injuries because of it. Thankfully they arent super bad ones but enough to cause pain, stiffness, and regular headaches.

None of them were my fault btw.

My most interesting one was the second to last one and it was in early '98. I was on my way to work when this car, facing me, in the turning lane(to turn in front of me) started doing so w/o warning. I slowed down but he still hit me and dragged his car down the drivers side of my car, denting it in pretty good. Thankfully it stopped before hitting my gas tank area.

Interesting part of that story....no one was driving that truck!!! It had managed to roll from being parked across the street all the way across main to me...lucky girl arent I.

Funny part was the driver called it in as a stolen vehicle then learned the truth! LMBO
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 9:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I was 18 getting ready to go to school. I started to pull out of my driveway when a school bus flew around the corner which was about 15 feet from my driveway. I attempted to pull back in my drive but I didnt have time. He pulled me out of the driveway ripping the bumper of my car off. He then got out of the bus sat the bumper on my car and drove off. Stupid Bastard. The school accused me of lying about why I would be late to school and say I was suspended if I didnt bring in a police report.
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 6:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yes last year and it has ruined our lifes!!!!!! Stupid cell phone user!!!!!! Might as well been drunk!!!!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 7:04 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yup. A couple. My first was when I was 6. It was January and my dad and I were on our way to a gun show. He drove one of the HUGE old Blazers, and I was in the front seat(buckled). He hit black ice and the blazer flipped twice in an embankment on the side of the road. My dad had to pull me out of the driver's side door; because mine was facing the ground. Thankfully it happened right in front of my BF(at the time) house...so I just thought it was cool that I got to play with the new toys she'd gotten for Christams. LOL The only damage done to that beast was a flat tire and one of the side mirrors broke when it folded in....that thing was a TANK!

The Feb 8 2007 I wrecked my little Focus...with a 6 week old in it. I was driving one wasy; another car coming from the other direction was wanting to turn left at the intersection I was approaching. It was February(in AK); the road was covered in ice, and when the light
    JenB1983

Answer by JenB1983 at 7:48 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• (cont from above) lol
    changed I couldn't stop. I did the universal sign for AK that I was going through(laying on the horn) but he turned out in front of me. I hit his front passenger corner(near the front); and that then sent me into a(thankfully) empty schoolbus. Airbags HURT! Thankfully DS and I were abletowalkaway withnothing worse than bumps and bruises. Butboy did mamastrengthkick inaftermycar stopped. My door was jammed shut but I heard my baby crying...I kicked my door open and somehow managed to get his open too and get his carseat out to see that he was ok.

The other guy hadnoinsurance...and here's a killer. We were each found to carry 50% liability in the accident; and now one of HIS passengers is suing ME. Wanting ME to pay all of HIS medical bills. Maybe you shouldn't have been in a car with someone who didn't carry insurance......
    JenB1983

Answer by JenB1983 at 7:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yes I been in car werck before a drunk driver almost killed me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Mar. 18, 2009