okay my brother is 18 and he just told me his girl is pregnant

she is seventeen she will be 18 in 3 months the problem is he doesn't know how to tell my mom and he wants all of us to get together so she can tell him wat would you guys do

FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Asked by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 8:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• If you are comfortable being there when he talks to your mom, then go with him. He may need you as a crutch. Good luck to you. He certainly will be growing up faster than any of you expected.
    motofamily

Answer by motofamily at 8:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• He's an adult...there's not much she can do. He made a choice and will now be a father. He should have prepared himself for that talk before he started having sex ;)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• he actually sounds laike he is making a responsible decision. And he needs your support, go help your brother.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i would support him
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 9:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I would make an appointment to talk to an adoption counselor.
    Anonymous

• I WOULD SAY IF THE SUPPOSEDLY ARE RESPONCIBLE ENOUGH TO MAKE A BABY THEN THEY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO STAND ON THEIR OWN TWO FEET(IRONIC IF THEY HAD STAYED ON THIER FEET THEY WOULD HAVE AVOIDED THIS.) AND FACE THE RESPONCIBILITIES THAT COME WITH IT.

SORRY YOU DO THE CRIME... SEX BEFORE MARRAIGE ...
    YOU DO THE TIME... STAND UP TELL EVERYONE WHAT HAPPENED AND THEN SPEND THE NEXT 21 YEARS RAISING IT.. AND THAT IS BOTH MAN AND WOMEN AS IT TOOK TWO TO TANGO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yeah, everyone gather around and be supportive. That works for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Your brother came to you because he trusts you. Your parents are going to be upset. Honestly, I'm a mom, I would be upset if I were in their shoes. It may be you keeping the reality check in place. The fact is if she's already pregnant, yelling now is a bit late. Gotta figure out where to go from here. Maybe you can be the one to keep things flowing in a forward direction. I would go but decide where you stand first so you aren't swayed either direction.

Good luck!!!
    7babies4me

Answer by 7babies4me at 2:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well I told my sisiter with my second son at her house after dinner,she wanted to have a drink and I just I can't and why.Let him tell mom he knows what is expected of him.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I would sit everyone down and tell them and just get it over with. Of course they will be upset but i am sure they will realize that it does happen. It doesn't really matter though-whats done is done. Hopefully everyone likes his girlfriend and its a blessing in disguise. Ya I know she's 17 almost 18 but hey it happens and people just gave to deal with it. It doesn't do any good to get pissed off-I am sure they are think holy crap too!
    brookelynn2609

Answer by brookelynn2609 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 18, 2009