Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teether broke open! Is that bad?

My daughter was chewing on a playskool teetherm, its one of the round soft plastic ones that you freeze, i look at her after a couple minutes and i see that the teether is leaking, i dont know whats in there and if its bad if she swallowed some. im nervous. does anyone know what in there and if its bad that it broke open?

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Some have gel and the gel could be poisonus. Some have water. and they are fine. I would mointor her and also call poison control. And i think after you call them you should call playskool and alert them that this teether can break open and be hazardous. They will be required to file a report and do testing on the product. she hsoul be fine , my son bit one with the gel once but only got a drop in his mouth and he was fine BUT everychild is different and you should call Poison control or your drs just to be safe.
    JrsMommy07

    Answer by JrsMommy07 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • I'd call the poison control people. There have instances of finding chemicals in teethers. Good luck and I'll say a pray that all is fine.
    2kidsonly2arms

    Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 8:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • awesome. the teether was filled with water not the gel so im assuming it will be okay but i will still call. thank you!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

Next question in Babies (0-12 months)
Scared kids

Next question overall (About CafeMom)
What should i do?