for anyone with piercings...question

I just got 2 new piercings last friday. I got my tragus and rook. tragus is the littl nub off your head by your ear and rook is the fold in your outer ear. Anyway i had them done a few years ago but due to a c section i had to remove them (that was 9 mos ago) and i just got them re-done (opposite ears i was afraid of scar tissue) anyway my rook got infected really bad and really fast and i had to cut it out of my ear. Well my tragus is starting to bother me and i dont know how to keep it from getting infected i spent 50 bucks i dont want it to go to waste!!! also i cant tell if its an earring infection or regular old ear infection and im having a tooth pulled monday will antibiotics mess with my surgery. sorry so much at once!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• anitbiotics will actually help with the surgery most dentists will put you on them post surgery anyways to prevent infection. You rbest bet is to take it to a doctor and have it checked out. In the mean time try lots of alcohol on the site to keep it clean (it will hurt bad though) I know how miserable they can feel. I had my eyebrow peirced and it swelled up so bad you couldnt see the barbell anymore. That was the last peircing I got which also went to waist
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have always been taught to use bactine a few times a day. Use a Q-tip soaked with it. You probably know this, but make sure your hands are clean before you touch the piercing.
    Jordanlover05

Answer by Jordanlover05 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My advise is simply to do the best you can to keep it clean and dry. Use alcohol or peroxide twice a day, or more if you think it needs it, and make sure it dries completely after showering, or any time it gets wet. I have 8 piercings: 7 in my ears + belly button, but I've never had a very bad infection. Good luck!
    katanne22

Answer by katanne22 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• OK PLEASE dont use alcohol, peroxide, neosporin or ANYthing like this!! Go get yourself some sea salt ( it HAS to be SEA salt) and a bottle of water. put 2 tsp of the sea salt in the bottle of water shake it up good. every day, 3 times a day, wash the peircing with antibacterial soap ( liquid, no scent or dye- dial is good) be sure to get all the crusties off first and then spin the peircing around. Rinse WELL. Take a clean q tip dip it into the salt water mixture and apply to both sides of the peircing. do not spin after applying the salt solution. it may take up to 6 months for the Traggi to completely heal. Use the Salt mixture for as long as you have to, a month or two at least. Good luck!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 12:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• well i happen to use neosporin the spray type on my piercing when it got infected... and it pretty much healed it.but then again i treated it b4 it got major infected..
    HelloKitty02

Answer by HelloKitty02 at 1:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I agree with tat mum almost completely if you are going to rotate your jewelry I tell the people I pierce not to make sure the crusties are off the piercing first
    tatuchick4u2c

Answer by tatuchick4u2c at 1:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• H2Ocean spray is great for piercings. You can over clean as well, which will cause irritation . You can usually get it at larger tattoo shops.
    caudillcandy

Answer by caudillcandy at 7:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2009