Are there any hair care products I can use?

I am trying not to wash my hair everyday because it fades my color. However, it feels and looks so dirty by the next day. Is there anything out there that you know of which will keep my hair fresh the next day without washing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• my hairdresser said that you have to let your hair get used to not being washed everyday. everytime you wash it it stimulates the follicle to create more natural oil. She told me to "train" my hair by going every other day for a few weeks and slowly my hair became less greasy after 1 day but in the meantime i used a sprinkle of baby powder to soak up the extra oil
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• cornstarch powder or press powder. I know it sounds odd. But it works. Shake some into your hair, let it sit. Then shake and brush out. You don't need to use a lot. Just enough to lightly cover your hair. I do this when I am in a hurry and my hair looks oily.
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 8:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• suave for kids
    Anonymous

• Have you tried using a sulfate free shampoo? I got one at Sally's Beauty Supply that has no sulfates and my hair does not fade nearly as fast as when I use just regular shampoo.... Sulfates in shampoo is what causes hair to fade quicker. Loreal also has a new line of sulfate free shampoo out as well.
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 8:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Try mark Mega Volume Next Day Spray. Its made specifically for this reason. I like it bc my hair is extra fine and if I wash it every day it breaks! And this stuff smells really good too! You can get a bottle at www.youravon.com/dhullum code fsany for free shipping! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• TIGI actually has a new line of products out called Rockaholic - they have a dry shampoo. I like TIGI products (they have bedhead and catwalk). I have no idea where they are selling these new products, but you can probably look it up online - or call and ask around to local salons. GL
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 10:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Try a new hair style that requires hairspray the alchol absorbs the oil and dirty hair does curl and style better.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 12:41 AM on Mar. 18, 2009