• In the Spotlight:

My daughter has had a problem with circulation her entire life. . They sent us for an echocaridogram and chest x ray and things looked finetwo years ago. She is now 3 and this past week she started doing it again while we were inside. It never affects her when she is running or anything it was just shortly after she got up. It was around 65 in the house. So they are sending us to get another echocardiogram. Do you think there is something else we should be looking for should i be concerned?

My daughter has had a problem with circulation her entire life. about two years ago she was turning blue around her mouth and her lips and hands and feet would get numb and blue in the cold. They sent us for an echocaridogram and chest x ray and things looked fine. She is now 3 and this past week she started doing it again while we were inside. It never affects her when she is running or anything it was just shortly after she got up. It was around 65 in the house. So they are sending us to get another echocardiogram. Do you think there is something else we should be looking for should i be concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What exactly to her body? My son has circulation problems and he's in his twenties now. His toes and feet would get ice ice cold. He did not have to get the extent of testing that your daughter does, I'm sorry for your pain and worry. I took my son in his teens to a rhuemetologist (sp? sorry!) thinking he could have a variation of Raynaud's. He does not but she did say that his body did not rid itself of sweat easy at all. She advised that when ever he does sports or exercises that he wear the speciality undershirts that wick the sweat away from the body and dries easy. It's scary I bet. Good for you for getting this looked into!
    Anonymous

• I am sorry you and your little are going through this,but If this test shows nothing,don't give up,you demand them send her somewhere,or anywhere until you get an answer,I don't have a clue.I would also google her symtoms,and print out anything you find,and show the docs. good luck sweety,I know this has to be scary.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• How frightening for all of you! I'm so glad you are continuing to seek medical help for your daughter. Are you seeing a PEDIATRIC cardiologist? It does make a difference. It could be a heart-lung thing, and a pediatric cardiologist would be the one to tell you this. Do you live near a major teaching hospital? You can call them and get pointed in the right direction. God bless your little one and good luck. There is SO much great stuff being done these days for children with heart problems so don't despair. You just need to find the right doctor.
    grandmalinda707

Answer by grandmalinda707 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009