My Son is teething, any tips?

Aracelys

Asked by Aracelys at 9:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• in addition to teething rings... Tylenol is what our ped recommened. Check with your ped for dosing if you aren't sure! Some of my friends swear by teething tablets (Hylands dissolve the best), and others swear by Baby Orajel, although I've heard that you have to be careful that they don't swallow it or get it on their tongue.
    I've given mine Tylenol - sometimes just a half-dose -- and let him chew on a frozen wash rag when awake. I'll also rub on his gums with a clean finger. He cut his first two teeth at 4 months & 1 week! Good luck - I hope they cut quickly! He may be cranky a couple days after they've cut as well - so don't be alarmed!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Oragel; cold rags to chew on (you can place them in teh freezer); frozen teether toys, biter biscuits (if your baby is old enough); brushing the gums with a baby toothbrush; popscicles (pedialyte ones).......hope something helps...lol!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I used Humphrey's tablets for teething and waffles ....
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Our youngest grandbaby is 9 months old and we have used an all natural teething drop with him. My daughter got it at a health and nutrition store, and it has worked wonderfully. You can give it every two hours, but most of the time, one dropper is all that is needed. He has slept through the night and his teething has caused virtually no problems.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• cold cold fruit, like frozen strawberries half thawed, feels good and they get some nutrition from it. biter biscuits. remember it will pass, they get so cranky, it hurts!

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2009