baby swings safe for sleeping

Hi,
I am looking to buy a swing for my baby, to help her sleep (she only sleeps soundly in my arms lately). Are the safe to have a baby sleep in for naps & at night?

KellyJC

Asked by KellyJC at 9:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, as long as you don't leave them unattended. My daycare lets my son nap in them all the time.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• for a while...my dd would only fall soundly asleep in her swing. so we left her in for naps during the day no problem.....for sleeping at night, we would bring it into our room, so we could easily check on her and see that she was ok....
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my friend lets her DS sleep all night in his. He has from day 1 to now still @ 4.5 months. I think it is fine...just 1. ALOT of batteries and 2. they need to learn to sleep on there own in the crib.
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my son had sleep apnea (stopped breathing when sleeping at times) and had a monitor, he would love to sleep in his swing, and i woudl attach the monitor and he always did really well in the swing. had much less episodes than without, we had just the standard Graco one. we used it so much that it broke, dh fixed it, broke again, then i found it in a million pieces in the basement (guess he couldnt fix it ithe second time) but yeah it did worry me at first because his head woudl fall forward, i never used it overnight but he did nap in it all the time.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• as far as batteries go.....i have the rain forest swing...can be plugged in or use batteries.....and so does the precious planet. i wqould recommend them if you are planning to let your child sleep at night in the swing.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My daughter has slept in here swing from day one she is 7 months she stoped at 6 and stated sleeping in here bed we had the fisher price rain forest one its a plug in.
    1Lilly

Answer by 1Lilly at 9:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Our first would only sleep semi-reclined in her swing due to gas. Now we only have a travel swing that we put the infant carry on. We keep him strapped into the carrier, turn the swing on and let him sleep in it.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• http://blogs.consumerreports.org/baby/2008/06/baby-swing.html
    Boliv

Answer by Boliv at 3:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009