How do you tell if you have a leak of amniotic fluid?

First off I am sick and coughing alot and sometimes I pee a little when I do but just last night I was laying in bed and it seemed to be getting wet without me coughing or anything. I went throught alot of underwear and pants last night. All day today too I have also felt this drip out of my "hoo hoo" lol and I can or at least I think I can tell its not pee, my underwear have been wet all day and I have not peed. (at least I dont think so) I'm just wondering if I should go to the hospital and check to see or not. Please tell me what you think I should do or what you think it is!!!!!!! HELP!!!!

Kaylee22006

Asked by Kaylee22006 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• same thing happened to me went to doc and it was my water!!! good luck
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• if your worried about it call your doc...they can do a ph test to see if its your water, pee, or good ole' discharge.lol Good luck!!
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• it never hurts to call your OB and if they tell you to come in...I am in pregnancy #2 and I have questions
    persistence5

Answer by persistence5 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my doctor told me if you think your leaking you should push on you stomache a little not hard and put your hand down there and if water comes out when you push then it is most likely your water not your bladder! Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i had a high risk pregnancy because of my amniotic fluid i had low fluid and they told me to drink alot of water and to rest alot and my son is now 11 months old. plus you should go see ur doctor because that could be ur fluid leaking.
    connor08

Answer by connor08 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2009