Fetal Monitering

Has anyone ever had to be hooked to the fetal moniters twice a week and if so for what?
I do b/c I have chronic hypertension and i was on bp meds b4 and during pregnancy. Im on them for 20 mins. I was just curious if anyone else had to and why?

Chas21

Asked by Chas21 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have to once a week because of my gestation diabetes, but only from the 36 week point on. i'm hooked up for 20 minutes at a time, depends on how long it takes them to find the babies heart beat. Yesterday they looked for 2 minutes and couldn't keep the monitor on, so we were in there for almost an hour.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 9:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I was when I went overdue with my first. There was nothing wrong at all, just as soon as my due date hit, I had to go for monitoring twice a week.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i do with this one im a high risk and have had preterm labor 3 times so far since 30 weeks in 34 weeks now
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I do because of where my placenta is. I dont know why but I can never feel baby moving. They do it once a week but this week they have done it twice and will keep doning it twice a week till he is born, I am 37 weeks
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009