Induction why?

If you where induced or getting induced what was the reason?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If I don't deliver in the next 3 weeks I'm supposed to get induced ( @ 39 weeks)because the doctors don't want the baby to get too big(my docs try to avoid c sections at all costs) I don't really mind the fact that it might happen, but I would rather wait till hes ready, but I trust my doctors.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I was scheduled for an induction and then 3 days before the induction I started contracting... Then after a few hours of not progressing much, they started the Pitocin and got my labor going...
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• For my son, I was 3 days past my due date and the doctor recommended it. I was having bad sciatic nerve pain, plus I was walking around 4 cm for about 2 weeks. I guess there's risk of infection being that dilated.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I was induced 1 week from my due date because my dr had a confrence to attend across the country and she was worried I would go into labor while she was gone and I wanted HER to deliver not some on call dr everything went fine my labor went very smoothly (I actually slept until it was time to push) and my baby was healthy
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• for my first son i was induced because i was 1 week late.my 2nd son came 6 weeks early. i had him all natural.
    Anonymous

• When i was ready to push while having my daughter my midwife said my contractions were still too far apart so they gave me pitocin to speed it up.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I had high blood pressure but many women are told horrible lies as to why they have to be induced.

Example-Big baby is NOT a reason to induce but doctor make so many women deliver in the supine position which makes the pelvis smaller. SO many women are told they are "to small to deliver such a big baby" when in reality if the women was in a squatting she would likely have little to no problem delivery her baby.
    Anonymous

• I was induced 6 days after my due date. It was just because I went past my due date and my doctor was worried about meconium. They eventually had to give up on induction, and I ended up getting a c-section, because I have narrow hips anyway, and the baby wasn't cooperating.
    katanne22

Answer by katanne22 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I was kind of induced a week after my due date because my blood pressure was right below pre-eclampsia levels and I still hadn't dilated or effaced. I say kind of because two doses of cervadil put me into labor and my water broke on its own and I didn't have to have pitocin.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 1:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2009