Do you think?

Do you think its possible to be induced and not have an epidural.
Im asking b/c im just scared if I get induced I wont be able to take the pain. I cant have an epidural. They say the contrations are wayyy intense and stronger with induction is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. you can induce and not have an epidural. I did with my second child and I had him natural. They had to induce because my water broke.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i was induced with my first and didnt have one.
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I was induced with my first and didn't have one during my 40 hour labor, not until they did the c-section, anyway. Are you sure you absolutely need to be induced? Even at 41 weeks, the chances of induction failing are about 40%, and then you need to have a c-section. That's what happened to me. I wouldn't know what a normal labor is like, but with my induced labor I had many back-to-back contractions. No time to recover in between. At one point I went 2 hours without a break.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2009