I got butt slapped by 4 yr old boy today.

I had my friends family over for dinner. While kids were running around and having fun, WHAM, it happened. Is it really a boy thing??? I was quite shocked. Do your boys do that?

Meachan

Asked by Meachan at 10:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• He was probably just being silly, a kid thing more than a boy thing. If he were closer to 10 I'd be concerned.
    Anonymous

• mine does, but only to mommy and its a joke thing for at home sometimes only...
    He was just being silly.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Man I just HATE when that happens. I think it's totally inappropriate. I have no sons, so I really don't know how to handle it. But many of the parents I've seen just over look it and I don't approve.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• yeah, it happens. If he was older I would be concerned, but at 4 not so much. My son used to do that when he walked past me, my mom and his favorite preschool teacher.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• nope my boys have not done that yet... but i have seen other little boys do that... sooo not sure if really "normal" or not.... but i would find it inapropriate.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Oh for Gawd's sake, he's 4 yrs old, he doesn't know your butt from your elbow. It's not all about sex. It's not anything about sex to a 4 yr old, grow up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My friend's son does this. Its not so much that he is hitting me on the butt, but that he is hitting me. Period. Children should not be hitting other people, and a four year old is old enough to understand that.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2009