IM SO SCARED!!!!

OKAY MY BABY FELL TODAY FROM MY MOMS BED!HE DOESNT HAVE ANY BUMPS OR ANYTHING!BUT I WAS LOOKING AT A VIDEO IT SAID THAT BABYS COULD DIE FROM FALLING DOWN FROM SOMETHING OR COULD SUFFER BRAIN DAMAGE O MY GOD IM SO SCARED..PLEASE HELP.CAN THIS REALLY HAPPEN?

noahsmommy-010

Asked by noahsmommy-010 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he didn't lose consciousness. take him to the e r anyway.
    Anonymous

• try to calm down. i seen a woman in one of my groups today say that their baby fell from the bed twice in the same day. things happen. her baby is just fine. i think that yours will be, too. but maybe you should call your baby's pedi and get him in to be checked. best wishes sent your way!
    olivejuicebby

Answer by olivejuicebby at 10:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Kids fall. If he's not exhibiting any behavioral issues, then you'll just feel guilty for a few days and move on. :)

My kid's changing pad was pulled off the table by his little brother (with the baby on it!) when he was about your son's age and he's just fine.

If you're really, really scared go ahead and bring him into the ER anyway.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I've heard and read that if they dont get bumps thats bad...swelling is the brains way of protecting its self...but dont be too scared. Keep an eye on him for 24hours make sure he stays conscious and make sure he isnt acting odd. If you are really worried its better safe then sorry, take him to the ER
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Bumps on the head aren't an issue. Dents are a major problem. Babies are surprisingly resisilient and flexible. Doesn't make us mommies feel any better. My lo rolled of the (low) couch onto a pillow that happened to be on the floor (slightly less guilt for me!). Scared the bejeesus out of herself and me but she was fine. If your DS is acting normally don't worry.
    2cubs

Answer by 2cubs at 12:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2009