ok ladies kitchen and fridge basics

What are staples that you keep in your kitchen and fridge at home.We are moving and i know this sounds stupid but i don't want to forget something at the grocery store.not taking any food from current residence because we have a roommate who is not moving.thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Ok, so let's see.
    Spices for me would be: basil, oregano, bay leaves, thyme, sage, cayenne, salt, pepper, cumin. I think those would get me going.

Baking: sugar, brown sugar, honey, flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and corn starch. Cream of Tarter if you use it a lot. A cake mix and tub of frosting for emergencies.

Various pastas, jarred sauces, tomato paste and various forms of canned tomato products (diced, flavored, Ro-Tel, etc). If you use Cream Of Whatever soups, a few of those. Various canned beans, whatever your family likes - for me it's black beans and chick peas (I make my own hummus).

For me, a few cans of Chef Boy R Dee Ravioli. I can't go long without my fix! lol

Peanut butter and jelly.

Bread, frozen rolls and biscuits. Emergency cookie dough. Emergency ice cream (to be replenished nightly) Chicken and ground beef. <--this is freezer in my world)

Carrots, celery,
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• milk,butter,eggs,bread,lunch meat.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 10:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• milk butter eggs juice bread cheese lunch meat penut butter
    Anonymous

• Depends. What kind of cook are you? Are you the kind of cook who needs to remember to have a pretty decent selection of basic spices or are you the type who needs to remember some season-all, salt and pepper? Do you like box-mixes or a variety of pastas? Do you bake?
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i am an decent cook love spices but usually the basics.salt,pepper,ms dash.chicken seasoning and so forth.i do bake also.
    Anonymous

• LOL I ran out of room!

But really, that's basically it. Oh! Wait! dairy!
    Butter, milk, shredded cheeses <-- all in the freezer.

Ok, I think that's everything. I think.

Good luck!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Shoot. Onions and apples, too!
    Avarah

• Crap. I forgot chicken and beef stock.

Ok, even if I'm not done. I'm done! lol
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• lol Worchestershire, soy sauce, ketchup, dijon and yellow mustard, mayonnaise.

Why is there no edit option????
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• the best way to stock your pantry and cabinet is to make a meal plan. right down everything that you'll need for each meal, including seasonings and use that as a grocery list. don't worry about buying everything at once, worry about having everything you'll need to get thru till the next time you plan on going to the grocery. pick a few meals that are quick and easy (burritos, chili cheese dip, a casserole) and keep those ingredients on hand. make sure that your "backup" meals are something that doesn't need fresh produce and the ingredients are something that will keep for a while. eventually when making your list you'll realize that you have the seasonings that you need to make most everything. also keep a running grocery list somewhere, if you think of something you don't have or run out of something, make sure to put it on the list.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 1:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2009