I'm tired of the attitude

My daughter will be 13 in August and I'm sooooo tired of the attitude I get.. Last night she was suppose to be grounded because she went someplace other where she said she was going... This is the 3rd time she did this.. Thursdays are Farmer's Market night and I said she couldn't go.. Well, I got the attitude and then the crying because if she didn't go she would never see Christopher again.. My parents stepped in and brought her when I said no.. Since this happened she is now grounded for the weekend and once again I'm getting the attitude because she wants to spend the weekend with her friend.. I told her too damn bad... You played me against your grandparents so now your not doing anything.. I got THAT'S NOT FAIR.. I said, LIFE ISN'T FAIR get use to it.. Yeah, I know it's the age but, I'm so tired of it.. Her dad lives 2 hours away so he's no help AT ALL... I told her this summer she's spending at least 2 weeks with her dad because I'm not going to be at work worrying about what yo

kerrysmom

Asked by kerrysmom at 8:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I dont really know what what your question was because it got cut off. But when I was 13, 14 and 15 I used to have such the attitude with my mom. I was one of those "primping teenagers". I was constantly using hairspray, makeup and my curling iron. She took those away from me periodically when I showed my behind. It worked. If she is one of those, try it. Good luck.
    mrschrono

Answer by mrschrono at 8:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I'd have a talk with your parents in front of your daughter. Say, "Because she went with you KNOWING she was grounded, she is grounded for even longer." Let them feel guilty because they are responsible. Say, "I am just trying to get the rules and boundaries straight around here. I am her mom, and I love that yall want to take her out, but NOT when I say no."
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I get the attitude wtih my boys as well. I just stick to my guns as hard, and annoying, and difficult as they can be. They need to know that I am boss!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 4:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i get attitude also, she treats my husband and i like she the adult.I MAKE HER GO TO HER ROOM WITH OUT t.v. FOR A LONG TIME.i'm fixing to have to be very hard on her she getting worse every day she eleven!
    amy160

Answer by amy160 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• spank them
    natbug6697

Answer by natbug6697 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• spank them? are you serious? wow ok. No... Try to remember when you were that age i know, you never would have spoken to your mother that way, but remember how you felt at that age. Noone understands her and the world is against her, in her mind... oh and her friends are the only ppl on the planet they really know her. Choose your battles and try to steer clear of "mom lines" like lifes not fair, get used to it... this will just piss her off more. Try to spend time with eachother alone... go to lunch or something, tell her how it makes you feel and see what she says.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Take everything away! PACK IT UP AND MOVE IT OUT! She'll have a melt down. (GRANDPARENTS STAY OUT OF THIS!)

Tell her you won't tolerate her behavior anymore. There are your expectations. She has to earn her things back, with good behavior. And these are the CONSEQUENCES for continued defiance.

It will be rough but it should get better.

You are MOM. Good luck!
    ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 3:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2008