In one visit?

How many topics should you bring up during 1 Dr. visit? Right now I feel like I need to visit my dr for the following reasons, but dont know i should tell him I have a LIST of things.
-I need my hormones checked- Im so HAIRY its not normal!
- I have anxiety issues & I need help with it.
-Birth control.
-i need help with my weight! I never lost the baby weight & gained 20lbs (im 220, my dd is 2. before her I weight 160lbs). I also have NO energy.
-I think there is 1-2 more things I cant remember right now!
-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Health

• It is important that you tell ALL of this to your doctor. One thing alone can mean nothing. All of those symptoms together can mean something else. Just tell him/her, these are the symptoms I'm having: anxiety, excess hair, weight gain etc. Give the whole list.

FWIW it sounds like thyroid or hormones (PCOS perhaps?)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• If you have questions bring them all up i make a list of queations to ask just say i have a few or bunch of questions thats what they get paid for
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Some doctors restrict the visit to what you said when you made the appointment. So when you made the appointment if you said that you have 6 questions, then they would have allowed enough time. I'd suggest ranking the questions in the order of importance, at least and seeing how many you can get in. Some of those you listed will require blood work, so they surely can be combined. All of them are important. I think I'd start with the hairiness and anxiety. Then in the next breath mention your weight. All of these would need blood work. Then mention the BC, since that is important and the doctor would surely not refuse- just quessing about this.

Answer by Bmat at 10:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• FWIW it sounds like thyroid or hormones (PCOS perhaps?)

im OP. I do think its hormones. Ive had my thyroid checked before (but it was before baby) and it was fine... but im sure its something they will check again. my uncle on my moms side had thyroid problems... I have looked into PCOS & I have ALOT of the sypmtoms!

Anonymous