Live in a mobile home? I have a question

I feel kinda stupid asking this. But I'm about to live in a double wide mobile home. it's metal. I have a flag i'm eager to display outside in the front yard, however it being metal, I dont have a place to put the bracket. it is a wall bracket and requires screws. so my only options thus far seem to be either on a dead tree in the front yard or the shed in the back yard. some moms suggested I get a 2x4 or 4x4 and attach it to the house or dig a hole in the ground, but that sounds like too much trouble lol any suggestions? or should I just sell the pole and display the flag on the wall inside the house?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 10:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• It can be attached to the house. You just need certain screws. Ask some guy you know who's handy he should know. I'd ask hubby but he's asleep.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yeah what she said, but you don't have to ask a man. Sheet metal screws. You can get self tapping ones. If the pole is heavy, use anchors. If you are worried about water getting in use a rubber washer to seal it or caulk around it. Easy to find all of this at any hardware store.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• If you have a wooden front porch screw it to that. In front.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• There are special types of mounts that are used to put flags up on metal homes... just go the hardware store and ask someone there...

Also if you have a porch, you can mount the flag pole there too... again special types of mounts for such a project... and they don't cost to much...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• FlyMom's got it exactly right. Self tapping sheet metal screws will do the trick.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2009