how do i stop my husbands spending?

last October i got a settlement ceck for $10,000 dollars. My husband and i went down to Mass. for the weekend and my husband spent over $2,000 dollars. I talked to him about his spending. He told me he would change. Then in November and December my husband was doing a lot of shopping a lot that I didn't know about. by the end of December our account was below $600. I talked to him again about it and he acted like it was no big deal. It's driving me crazy I don't know what to do. He tell everyone else that he is the one who saves money and I'm the one who wants to spend all of our money. I need help. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Are you with my husband?? Seriously if talking doesn't work either take away his ability to access the money, or set your account up. Only way you can harness the beast of complusive spending. It is easy for them to spend what they have not earned. You have to be the mature one sounds like and take care of the family and if anything is left maybe reward him now and then. He will be just like he is now unless you put a stop to it!!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 10:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Not much you can do if the money is gone now.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• He needs counselling. I'm not sure whether he needs marriage counselling or consumer credit counselling, but he needs an authoritarian third party to tell him to get a grip.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• YES 1countrygal! They DO find it way too easy to spend what they have not earned. Your best bet is to nip that shit in the bud right now. Don't be afraid to print out copies of your credit card receipts and TAKE SHIT BACK! Return it, cause he didn't earn it! Fuck that! If you keep letting him do it, he'll just keep doing iT. You know there are a lot of over-the-counter medications that could keep a man down for a while, and you can take you time to figure out the best way to teach him a lesson. Trust me, when a nigga wakes up tied to a chair in the basement and you're sitting in front of him with a steaming iron, his WHOLE perspective changes! *LMAO* Men can only do to us, what we ALLOW them to do to us! Be assertive! Be creative! Take back your money, your pride and your dignity! You're the head of the household and you're holding it down, all he's doing is lying to everyone else AND himself. SHOW HIM WHO'S BOSS!
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2009