I am so lost! My due date is June ninth, which makes my last period begin on September 2nd, but if I remember correctly my last period started on September 10th. Can this be right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't worry too much about it....the due date is just a "guess" on when the baby comes
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• june IS 9 months from sept. why does it matter now ? i mean your pregnant so i wouldnt think it really matters
    Anonymous

• Do you have regular periods? If you do, go by your last period. INSIST on it. That would make your due date June 17. Ultrasounds can be off by up to two weeks. If you don't have regular periods, then it could be right, you just ovulated only 6 days after your period.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It matters because her doctor could be pressuring her to be induced too early, when she gets to the end. Or if she has premature labor, but they figure she's a week farther along than she is, they may not try to stop it.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• no it doesnt matter because if she had an early ultra sound that is the most accurate ultra sound and her dr cant press her to enduce it is up to her and preterm labor is perterm labor period so if it happens it happens and if it is the she is 36 weeks instead of 37 its not much of a diff the baby would still have to be in the NICU so no it really doesnt matter unless she sleeps around because why worry about it now? i mean sept.? then she would be like 6 months only reason to worry now is if she was whoring around with more then one guy that is the only reason to really worry about it 6 months later
    Anonymous

• From what I was told, your last period and the usual length of your cycles give the doctor a time frame in which you were most fertile and probably convieved, and your first due date will be based off of that. As you get further along and have a few ultrasounds (one at 8 weeks and another around 16-20) certain developments in the baby can show that you are further along than originally presumed, or you aren't as far as you thought.

My original due date was Sept. 12th based on LMP, but based on his development at 8 weeks it was changed to the 2nd. (that date always bugged me because it indicated that I concieved while I was on my period, during which I don't have sex... ) At my 20 week ultrasound my due date was moved again to the 7th. He was born on the 3rd.

Try not to worry about calculations with LMP, ultrasound is the best way to determine due date.

Good luck and congrats!

risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2009