Second Baby help please!

Our little one is almost 5 months. We CANNOT decide if we even want a second baby. I think we would be just so happy with Talon. But I grew up with two siblings and DH grew up an only child, so we know pros and cons of that. We both want him to have a sibling, but I don't think we're ready to have another just yet, we're just now getting used to this newborn!! lol but if we DO have another, we don't want them to be to far apart in age.... HELP!!!

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well i think when the time is right you both will know i would let your body heal right now so u can be healthy for ur 2nd baby right now i would just love Talon right now and i think when the family is ready for a 2nd baby u'll know
    Anonymous

• i love having two kids, it was a big ajustment but once we got ever it everything was good. i grew up with no siblings and hated it! i will be TTC # 3 here shortly. i had my kids 2 1/2 rs apart. my now three year old loves to help out mommy.and we still get our cudle time when the babies napping. or in the mornings when we all get in bed and whatch sesame street. i think that kids need siblings, someone to talk to when you really need somone but dont want to talk to yor parents b/c its embarassing. its like having a built in freind for life! but when the time is right you wil know. let things simmer down for now and wait a year and then think about it.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• thats what i am waiting on, the time that feels right. i wanted mine 3 yrs or more apart and now that he is 3 1/2 and i am still not TTC, i wonder if 5 yrs will be too late for us. i wanted a 1 yr old when he went to school...i will decide sometime. just keep debating it. you'll find your answer.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You will know when it is time. I was sure that I only wanted my one child and then when he was about 2.5 my period was about a week late so I took a test and it was neg. I was devastated!! WE started trying the next month. My kids ended up being 3 years and 4 months apart and I think it is great the older one was old enough to be negotiable but still young enough that they can play together some now that she is a little older. You will know when it is time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2009