FF Carseat RF Carseat

So I really don't have a question but I read alot of remarks on FF and RF carseats.We'll anyway today I had took my daughter out and she is 22months old and I just turned her to FF in her carseat and as we where driving down the street she started to fuss then she stop and i was at a red light and I look in my rearvew merrow and she was CHOKING she had threw up all her pasta she had for lunch and it was stuck thank god I was at a red light so I was able to get out of the car and get to her fast.But what I am getting at is that if she was RF I might not have see her choking as fast as I did with her FF SO I kinda feel that you are damed if you do and damed if you don't.The only way to keep them safe in the car is not to put them in there.

times3mom

Asked by times3mom at 10:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• oh thank god!!! poor thing....awh!!!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I'm glad your daughter is okay. However, I hope that people don't take this to mean a suggestion that they should turn their babies earlier than when they outgrow their carseat's rearfacing height or weight maximum. My other comment is that your daughter is also a toddler, almost two - it is far safer to have her rearfacing, but it is much less dangerous to her to be forward facing than it is for a 12 month old or younger.
    The choking fear is why I don't let my son (19 mos, rearfacing) eat in the car, or play with toys smaller than his fist.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 11:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• That is why I have a mirror on my rear window that relfects up to the rear view mirror of the car. I can see at a glance what she is doing. My kids are also not allowed to eat in the car, but can drink. It is far safer to have them rear facing and there are plenty of mirrors and stuff to help with not being able to see out there these days.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Just to let everyone no that my children are not aloud to eat in the car.She had her lunch hours befor we want out.
    times3mom

Answer by times3mom at 12:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009