im 30 weeks pregnant

i am always out of breath i feel like this baby is about to come out of my mouth. im measuring 32 weeks. is it normal to feel like the baby is taking up my lung space lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ya I remember that. Try not to let it bother you and relax.
    Anonymous

• YES!! Very normal. THe baby pushes up on your diaphragm and your lungs just have less room! I was out of breath all the time. If you really feel out of breath- but your arms up over your head- that gives your lungs a little more room out to the sides. But that's a little awkward if you are walking around. Sorry to say- it won't improve until the baby drops or you give birth.
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yep yep. Plus side, it will all be over with soon. Sucky side, you may not get any sleep until it IS over with, due to being uncomfortable... than you won't sleep because you have an infant... it's def. worth the trouble though so just hang in there! Take a nice warm bath and relax, that always helped me.
    SongOfAPeach

Answer by SongOfAPeach at 11:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• yup lol it sucks but it will be worth it i feel your pain im 34 weeks and measuring about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks ahead
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• oh yeah, you wont believe how much better you can breathe after you deliver its like you gain an extra lung or something. I always found relaxing and trying not to focus on my shortness of breath usually helped
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Actually yes,
    My first pregnancy my daughter seemed to be kicking my lungs from about the end of the 7th month until delivery. Taking deep breaths was extremely painful.
    Good luck I know its VERY uncomfortable
    Hopefully the baby won't play kicking match w/ur floating ribs, my daughter used to just push it out the way so she could stretch. (I hope this baby is more considerate , lol)
    ladynyte1

Answer by ladynyte1 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2009