Bush says Obama 'deserves my silence'...classy..

Former President George W. Bush said on Tuesday that he won't criticize Barack Obama because the new U.S. president "deserves my silence," Bush declined to critique the Obama administration in his first speech since leaving office in January. "I'm not going to spend my time criticizing him. There are plenty of critics in the arena," Bush said. "He deserves my silence."

I think this is very well done of him and shows class. He also goes on to say he does not wish him failure because he loves america more than politics! What a good man. I found this very classy and wanted to know if any of his detractors thought better of him for it?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29743567/

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He must not agree with Obama's choices. lol
    Anonymous

• Of course he loves America.... America made him rich!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Bush has always done things like this well. He quietly left the office and let the inauguration day be about the new pres. . . former pres. were not so classy.

I'm pleased at how upstanding he is being, especially since the new admin did more than a bit of cashing in on his unpopularity. It sure would be easy to sling some mud!

I didn't agree with everything he did, but he's a good man.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think it's the right thing to do. To comment would belittle or condescend and why would he put himself in the line of fire again? It's a smart move. I wish George W a happy retirement.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• That's tradition. The former presidents are never supposed to criticize the sitting president. It was a major deal when Clinton broke it - and he was the first and only one to do it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Soonmommy...b/c BO is going to come away from this poor? Way to show class yourself....
    Anonymous

• clappingClassy

Anonymous

• I thought it was Carter that broke that one first.
    Anonymous

• I am not surprised. Look how the Obamafia is trying to take down anyone that speaks against this administration. Cheney gives his opinion about our national security and Obama's cronies (primed and ready) do what they can to smear Cheney. Hard to do, since most people don't like him. I, on the other hand, have tremendous respect for him.

Anonymous

• The Bush's have always conducted themselves with a class unknown to many. Bravo Mr. President.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009