Showdowns on CafeMOM

why do we even have these? especially the cutest baby ones....that's just asking for someone to get their feelings hurt!!! People are rude enough on this site, why do you want one more way for people to make fun of others? what is this high school? we have to endure popularity ballots??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if ppl are worried about it they shouldnt be invloved in it, if you dont want to get your feelings hurt dont put yourself out there
    Anonymous

• I don't enter them I don't even look or go vote I think it also mean everyone thinks their child is the cutest and nothing is going to change that but if they lose they will not feel good about it at all and it is unfair why are we judging children we are not entitled too!
    Anonymous

• I agree. It can be a bit hurtful, especially if your child always loses the showdowns. My son always lost to little girls, so I stopped entering. I know he's cute and that's all that matters.
    Anonymous

• its just for fun if you think your feelings might be hurt dont do it. i am not trying to mean in anyway i love doing the showdowns myself and i have done cutest kid one and have lost but my feelings have never been hurt its just for fun

USMC-Wife28

Answer by USMC-Wife28 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I don't do it or vote or even go look, just didn't understand what others got out of it
    Anonymous

• Not to brag, but I usually win the majority of my showdowns and i've had my husband, myself, the kids and the baby. It's all in fun and the ones i've lost are fun to because it's a pic. of me and hubby against a baby and mommy. It doesn't always make sense, but it's all in fun!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I don't participate. This is not a popularity contest, and obviously each mom is going to think her kid is the cutest, so I agree, people are rude enough on here, for some reason, and we thought this was supposed to be a place for moms to chill and swap advice. Imagine that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2009