Why does he do this??

My 2 year old has been potty trained for about 3 months. We have been going to the potty about 20 times a day..LoL Now out of the blue he will go alone and pee in the floor instead of the potty. He will hold himself when I take him and sneak behind my back when I am busy and potty on the floor. Why does he do this and how do I stop it?

TaterNJo0sMommy

Asked by TaterNJo0sMommy at 11:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• regression in potty training is comong until they are to least 5. But now that you kknow he knows how, tel him it is not allowed to go on the floor instead and make him clean it up and do the load of laudry froom the clothes he dirited. yes you wwill have to help him with these tasks, buyt make him do as much as possible of them.

it is just a simple fact oof life that we clean up our own messes. cleaning up our own messes isn't a punishment
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:04 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Attention?

Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I thought so to..but then I thought about it and I don't understand that either. We are home all day me and him and I spend almost every second running and playing with my son. When he does this he will go to time out or have to wear "baby pants" as he calls them he hates both..
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 11:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Thanx.. I will give it a try. Anybody else?
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 12:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son is pretty much potty trained and the other day he did the same thing... I asked him why he did poop on the floor (he started in the potty then moved off of it) and he had gone alone. He ran out of the bathroom and says "UH OH MOMMY!! POOP!!" (he does this crazy face that I can't help but laugh and that followed the statement) So i went in and asked him What happened. He looks at me very seriously and says "Mommy... COLD!" taps his butt and goes "NO NO POOP"
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2009