lost the binky

my DD is 2 weeks and its the one she had at the hospital
its the only one she has used since
she never liked any other ones
i was hanging out with a friend today
and i know it was in the car when he went to take me home
i got inside and it was gone
im 99% sure its in his car
he says he looked and its not their
so we went to wal-mart and got her the same kind
and she wont take to any of them
she wont sleep with out a binky
does any one have any advice on wut to do

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your two week old WILL sleep without a pacifier. Trust me.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 12:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Try swaddling and rocking her. It always worked to make my daghter relax. Once she seems like she's calmed down some and is looking tired, try giving her the new binkies again. Good luck!
    DellaF88

Answer by DellaF88 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• she's still a baby baby, how about your boob and intermittenly your finger? poor baby. can never have too many of those things huh. she'll be ok in time. So you went to Walmart and got baby the same kind that was lost and she won't take the exact same kind but a different one? weird.
    But really she'll get through this. and you will too. Don't be too rough on yourself mommy you didn't do any thing wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• They sell those at Safeway just to let you know! When my son was little that's the only type he would take and I bought a 2pack at Safeway
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• The key to the right binky is not only the shape, but the size. You know which shape she likes, double check that you bought the newborn or 0-3 month size so it will fit her mouth (and nose) better. Also, I have found that the best way to break in a new binky is wash it first (obviously) then dip the latex part in breastmilk/formula to mask any leftover latex taste with a familiar and comforting taste.

For help with her sleep, check out Dr. Harvey Karp's Happiest Baby on the Block series. His swaddle and shush technique was a LIFESAVER for our family, and now that our little man is a toddler we amaze our new-parent siblings with their hysterical newborns. Google it and you will be amazed!

These are the survival months, hang in there, you'll make it!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• nuk makes one its flat on the bottom they come in 2 packs only one my daughter will take bc of nursing. i think cvs sells ones like they have in the hospital. if you find the supply up lol i must have a million but they are always handy.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 1:04 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I owuld say try them all till she likes one. But, I second the swaddle, sway, shush, soothe and suck technique. I did it before I ever even heard about the other. Since she is still so young, swaddling will help tremendously. Do that, hold her firmly and sway side to side while shushing a song in her ear. You know? shh shh shh will work like a charm.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2009