How much solid food should a 6 month old eat.

As in baby food,rice cereal...etc that kinda thing. I started my baby on rice cereal at 4 months and now that she is 6 months i want to start her on baby food but i am unsure of how much.

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I feed my 6 month old:
    half a container of fruits with cereal mixed in for breakfast

half a container of fruits and half a container of veggies for lunch (sometimes I mix a small amount of cereal in because she likes it thicker).

and an entire container of veggies with cereal mixed in for dinner.

But remember, every baby is different. Let your child set the amount within reason.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• When my daughter first started eating i almost always fed her rice cereal with mixed fruit and applesauce, she loved it! I gave her that a couple times a day. they will let you know when they've had enough, they will start to play with it or turn their head and stick their tongue out thats what she does. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• A Good rule of thumb is that a baby's stomach is about the size of their fist. Also, once they get to a year old, a serving size is one tablespoon per year old. So a serving of veggies for a 1 yr old is one tablespoon and if we should be 5 to 6 a day, they should get 5 to 6 tablespoons a day.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2009