Honestly...

How much alcohol do you consume weekly? I am starting to think I may be an alcoholic..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I don't weekly, but maybe monthly or bi-monthly. We get a bottle or 2 of wine about every 2-3 months.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Depends on my mood. Some weeks I'll have 5-6 martinis. Some weeks I don't have any.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• join the club :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:01 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Hmm....this week so far one mojito last night and a Wyder's pear cider tonight. That's 2 for 2 I guess! I don't usually drink, maybe an average of once a month. Don't get me wrong, I love to party but I'm a SAHM and I feel like I need to be on duty 24-7 and not drink at all when they are home, even if my husband is also home.
    pitter_patter

Answer by pitter_patter at 1:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• a beer a week if that
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• A lot..... I'll drink a few glasses of wine and/or a few shots of tequila pretty much every night. I know I drink too much, but I don't let it interfere with my parenting or daily life. I wait until everyone is in bed, stay up for a couple of hours & get my drink on. I salivate at the thought of the taste of tequila.

:)
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i almost never drink, especially not at home. when i drink it's in a social setting and usually when my daughter isn't around because i'm still BF.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I love to go to the local Mexican restuarant; they have a drink called Cozuela (or something like that--not sure of the spelling). It's 4 or 5 shots of different booze, over ice, juice and sliced banana, pineapple chunks and 5 or 6 marchino cherries. YUMMY! I just make sure hubby knows he's the designated driver when I have one! I want to experiment making it at home, but will have to wait till I can afford all the different kinds of booze.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I don't drink a set amount weekly. Most of the time I don't have anything. When I do buy a bottle of wine I will have 1 glass a night until the bottle is gone. I will ofen go months between bottles though.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• None. On average I have about 2 drinks per year. But I don't like it. My husband has 2 or 3 glasses of wine per night, plus a few mixed drinks on the weekend plus a binge with his buddies now and then.

I don't like his personality when he drinks to excess, so for ME that amount is a problem. I think that as long as it's not effecting you or your family or causing problems, then you're probably not in trouble.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2009