Have any of you been on Provera, if so what side effects did you get from it?

And how long did it take for you to start your period? I have to take a pill a day for 10 days. As soon as AF comes then I have to start my Clomid on day 3 of my cycle so thats why Im wondering how long it will take to start.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The first time I took Provera my period started on the 10th day, the second time it took about 15 days (10 days of Provera then 5 days later I got my period), the third time I never got it from the Provera and had to just wait for it to come naturally. Once I finally got it I start Clomid day 3, had a monitoring ultrasound, then did a trigger shot (Ovidrel) and got pregnant with my beautiful twins! Good luck!
    pitter_patter

Answer by pitter_patter at 1:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Oh, and I didn't notice any side effects from the Provera. The Clomid made me a little bitchy but I was also stressed from TTC for so long.
    pitter_patter

Answer by pitter_patter at 1:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My Doctor never said anything about Ovidrel so Im guessing that shes going to see if just the clomid works. She also said that I need to come in on day 21 of my cycle to see if I ovulated because If I didnt then she would have to up my dose on the Clomid. So we will see.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I had serious weight gain issues from Provera.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 1:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yup, I had an ultrasound around day 15 I think, then I did the trigger three days later. In my case, I never ever ovulated on my own, so I had to do the shot. The Clomid was for helping my follicles mature, I also had to take Estrogen as soon as I found out I was pregnant, the Clomid had thinned my uterine lining.
    pitter_patter

Answer by pitter_patter at 1:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2009