for african american moms....no offense

i hope this doesnt offen anyone but i was wondering how do you all make the "neck bones" i need the recipe..i think they r delicious so plz!!! someone help!!

lhernandez7208

Asked by lhernandez7208 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I got a few answers but this one was my favorite...I'm making them this week!

Quoting MsWandee Gurl..you neva knew what you've been missing huh? Guess it's a Louisiana thang..lol There are several ways that you can cook them..first wash them well..then put them in a pot with onions, bell pepper, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder and boil them until tender. Sometimes once boiled, you can add gravy mix and have gravy and rice with...or after boiling you can put them in a pan and put b.b.q sauce on them as well..Delicious!! Now that's Ole Skool..if you need any help gimme a holler..Good Luck!

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:51 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Oh my.. that is stereotyping.. My grandmother used to make them and she was a "Dutch American" mom! LOL!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• it is NOT i live in Alabama and trust me i only see AA's eating them , besides i need a GOOD answer !!!
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Haha...I JUST asked this question in the AA mommies group!!...I can copy her answer for you...
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:48 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• gosh thank u so much i cant beleive this fricken anon just tried to say im stereotyping...to heck with her!!!anyways ok thanks
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No youre not stereotyping...thats why I asked it in AA group and not just "recipes"
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2009