how many visits to the doctor do I need to make while pregnant?

are there mandatory visits, and if so, how many?

BernalGal

Asked by BernalGal at 1:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• starting at about 10 weeks you go once every 4 weeks and then at 32 weeks you go once every 2 weeks and then at 36 weeks you go once a week till baby comes for your safety and baby its best you go too them all
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 1:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You don't NEED to make any. I don't go before 12 weeks. I have a history of recurrent miscarriage, and earlier appointments do little else than make me nervous. It's probably a good idea to go once at the end of the first trimester, at least once during the second, and at least once a month during the 3rd, if you want to bring the number of visits down but still have some pregnancy care.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• There are no *mandatory* visits. I had one appointment at 8 weeks for dating (got u/s referral), started making appointments at 16 weeks, stopped going from 28 to 34 weeks while changing providers. My sister didn't start going until 18 weeks.
    My next pregnancy, I might not go at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i went 9 times my last baby I didnt got the first time til i was 18wks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2009