Cheating...and you?

Would you be able to stay with your DH/SO if they cheated on you why/why not? Personally I wouldn't be able to I think that is the biggest slap in the face.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I would leave if my SO cheated on me.
    m_06elle

Answer by m_06elle at 1:41 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No, I would not. I would NEVER be able to trust him again and I would not want to live like that.

I could not handle if my DH was 10 minutes late or washed the sheets and I had to worry if it was because he was cheating. Our marriage is founded on trust and if we lost that, I would have lost faith in my marriage.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:43 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Nope I would leave him.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:50 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It depends on the situation. My DH cheated when we were engaged but never physically. I know a lot of people dont understand or agree w me but I believe there are different kinds of cheating. He 'emotionally' cheated on me. There was this girl who started emailing him & I told him I didnt feel comfortable with the content (she was flirting) he said he stopped emailin her (which he did, bc he started TXTING her) & they were basically seducing each other via txt msg, she met me & showed me all his txts & then 3 days later txt me nude pics he sent her of 'himself' with a msg that said 'i sent him pics 2 but u scared me w how calm u were the other day so i didnt show u'
    we went to counceling for MONTHS & even postponed the wedding but he does everything to reassure me when i doubt that everything is fine & our relationship is stronger now (i think) bc of it. He said it started so innocent he couldn't stop when it got out of hand
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have found that a lot of people will say they will leave but, you never know for sureunitl you've been through it. I stayed because I know people are imperfect, I know that everyone makes mistakes, and I know that if I messed up I would a chance to make things right. But, the number one thing that made the difference is that my SO was honest with me. I didn't catch him he told me, that makes a huge difference. I think a couple can work through anything if they are committed to one another. Of course, no one deserves to be cheated on, but in staying I was condoning or allowing my mistreatment, instead I was giving him a chance to right his wrong. I don't regret it and I don't judge women who stay or thise who leave; it's a personal choice that I don't feel I have a right to look down on whichever way woman chooses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• once a cheater always a cheater! so no way would I forgive a person like that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I would leave, if he can't respect me enough to be faithful then he doesn't need to be with me.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 2:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No i wouldn't forgive him, soon as i know he's done were over
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 4:01 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• They all cheat sometime cause they are men with sexual thoughts every 15 min.! They learn their lesson or leave u for the other woman! If they want to stay and make it right, they have to earn that trust all over again and put up with your insecurities untill it is gone! and let them know that too! Human nature is a funny thing with people and has to be taught about to understand!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• truth is cheating is like being abused ya know we all say we would leave but most of us would stay...from my experience in the past..once a cheater always..just like being hit...but only you know what you can do...best of luck
    lorrainebabies

Answer by lorrainebabies at 8:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2009