I got my 6 month old vaccinated today and all the health scares scare me...did you feel this way too?

They talk about autism, and all the possibilities once these babies get vaccines. I don't need anyone to tell me all the bad stuff. Just let me know I did the right thing!!

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 2:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is perfectly fine and hasn't missed a vaccination. Don't woory you have done the best thing. Noone knows what cause autism, people will find and use anything to explain something they don't understand. Besides somethings we vaccinate for can kill a child. I'm sorry evev though I dont think it causes autism I would rather take care of an autisic kid any day then loose my child to something that could of been pervented.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 3:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• The risks are far greater not to vaccinate girl. Some of these nonvaccinated kids are now bringing in diseases we had cured long ago. Frankly, I don't want my kids near any nonvaccinated kid... Anyway, this autism stuff is not caused by vaccines.. otherwise we would have had thousands of it when we were kids. Remember hearing about autism back then, No.. i didn't think so.. It's not right Girl. We were all vaccinated and I never knew one autistic kid back in the day. So, keep on vaccinating... Austim will be found to have been caused by something else later.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It comes down to the fact that nobody knows exactly what causes autism. There are suspicions, but nothing concrete. I know you did your research and made the best choice that you felt you should make. I do know the feeling though.

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My 4 month daughter is getting her shots tomorrow and I also have those "what if" feelings but I know I am doing the right thing.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 2:41 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I worry. That's why my kids get their vaccinations a little older, and not so many at once. A lot of the stuff they vaccinate for is not that dangerous, and most of the rest is so unlikely for a baby to get it's ridiculous. There's a few that concern me, but very few.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• BTW, it's the live vaccines that cause most of the problems, the MMR, Chicken pox, Rotavirus, and Flu shots. DTaP is the next worst culprit, although your risk for that one is much less if you do not have a family member who has had a bad reaction. What seems to cause the most problem is more than one live vaccine given at once. Which is why the MMR has such a bad rep, because it's three in one, and then often given with the chicken pox shot. There are perfectly good ways to avoid excess vaccines, too. For example, the MMR "booster" isn't really a booster, did you know that? It's because about 2-5% of people who get the shot the first time don't respond, but most of them do respond to a second shot. Since my kids are more likely to be in the 95 to 98% who do respond, I will get them a blood test to see if they have, rather than taking them for a shot that's probably completely useless for them.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No I did not feel that way. I did some research. What I found showed me that the media was blowing things way out of proportion. Don't read articles on studies, read the actual study and make up your own mind.

Kids who aren't vaccinated have Autism, too.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• 3 kids, all vaddinated, non with autism or autism like symptoms.
    However, I did not let them give the mega shots to any of the kids (sorry, little buddies, but youre getting stuck with 4 needles today instead of 1).
    It seems that the austim-vaccination link appeared when the mega shots came out. why would you want to mix polio, diptheria, heppatitus, and mercury in a needle? sounds like a recipe for disaster.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:12 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• That gut feeling is there for a reason. we have let too many push aside our mama instinct. the fact is vaccines have never proven to be effective and have proved to be dangerous. I urge you to research. Dr.s Mendlhson, Tenpenny, And Mercola. are excellent places to start. I stoped vaccinating after my son's 6 month shots when he cried for days. I found out later that this is called "cry-encephalitis". his poor little brain was asking for help
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 6:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Im with 3rdtymsthecharm
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2009