Competition among friends?

My dh and I have another couple that we are pretty close with, but it seems like they're always making things into a competition like I bought a new sectional they buy a whole new living room set, I was talking about how heavy our entertainment center was and my BIL complaining about moving it and her husband goes off about how he thinks theirs weighs more when it doesn't even matter. They spend all this money on stuff just to impress other ppl and I'm tired of hearing about how broke they are and then them trying to rub it in my face that I don't have a brand new car. So how should I approach them about this it's kinda ruining our friendship not b/c were jealous b.c we could afford to go buy the same stuff ( Hubbys have the same job) but we just don't buy things we think we don't need but because I'm sicking of them acting like they're better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Go rent a Mercedes and make them think you bought it, maybe they'll buy one just to one up you and you can get a laugh! IDK, Those kind of people are hard to deal with.
    TiredofInsanity

Answer by TiredofInsanity at 3:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Haha I like tired's idea
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:49 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have a neibor like that and i just quit being friends with her! I found out she was an abitual liar and made up stuff! Some people just waste things and money but when you plan and save and can afford something to get then they can't stand it! I do everything for myself, nails,hair,ect. and bargin hunt for everything and then she says,"I don't know how you can afford things, yall must be selling drugs!"I don't need a friend like that!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 7:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• haha i'm with tiredofinsanity,it would be worth it to see the look on her face when you tell her it was only a rental,those kind of people are sooo irritating,
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 8:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2009