Pee-pee mommy!

Son is 14 months old and still in diapers, we showed him his potty a few times and he went in it a few times but since then we stopped trying due to needing to wean and changing other situations I didn't want to overwhelm him. Tonight he was and still is whining and pointing at his potty. I took him in there got it down sat him on it and he got big smiles but didn't do anything. What does this mean? I took him off after sitting there for about ten minutes, still didn't pee or anything. Now he is just screaming at me? Is it too early to potty train how does it work, its confusing me why he is acting like this.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he peed in it before, and he got some sort of prize, he might be looking for that prize. When I was potty training my son, He always got a sucker afterwards. Every once in a while he would get slick and say that he went potty and needed his sucker, when he really just wanted his sucker and didn't go at all. Or if you did anything to entertain him while he was sitting on the potty, maybe he just wants so extra attention. I think if he wants it, let him have it. I remember withmy son there was times when he just wanted to sit on it, I think he felt proud of himself. We wound up bringing it into the front room at one point because he just wanted to sit on it, and we have one timy bathroom upstairs. He would read books or play with toys or watch a movie while sittitng on his training potty, just as content as could be.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 7:28 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• For a boy 14 months old and potty trained would be amazing! If he is interrested then just stay consistant. If he has lost interest don't push it. Most boys do not even begin potty training until colser to 2. Girls more like 18 months. He may just not be ready. If you decide to wait longer then completely remove the potty from sight. You do not want to confuse him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009