potty chair?

The potty seat/chair my son has is made by saftey 1st. he has such a hard time getting on and off himself. Is this normal or is there a better chair option? He gets his peepee stuck under the cover and he cant sit on it himself. He is a do-it-himself kinda boy.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We had a safety 1st seat, and my son had the same problem. The first time I ever got peed on he was about 18 months old, is penis got caught on the little cup and before I could say or do anything my pants were so soaked. Poor guy almost started crying. I just always made to sure pay attention after that and when it happened, I'd tell him to check where his penis is and where its supposed to be, and then have his stand up and slide his butt back a little farther. Once he got a little taller, it wasn't an issue at all.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 7:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Near the potty chairs.. you can usually find small step stools. And the "cooshie tooshie". It's a soft potty seat that fits on top of your big potty seat.
    We used the big potty the whole time for all 4 of mine. The step stool so they could get up there..
    The boys so they could stand to pee. And the cooshie tooshie when they had to go poopie.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 21, 2009