How do you get a stiffie down?

First of all let me say this isn't a sexually based question by any means. This is regarding my one year old. Almost every time I take off his diaper he has what I call a stiffie. His dinkie is stikin' way up in the air and I find it very difficult to put his diaper on and have to put it on loosely until it decides to relax. I have been told it's normal, and usually for him it means he has to suddenly pee. I also have been told to tap it and sometimes that will relax it but his doctor told me that's not a good idea cause it could hurt him. So, any ideas on how to get the stiffie down so I can put his diaper on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think if you know that it means he needs to go to the bathroom and he is able to hold his pee til you put the diaper back on, I think now would be a great time to start introducing the potty. I noticed my son could "hold it" at about 14 months, but we were in the middle of moving. At about 16 months, I introduced him to the training potty, and in 6 months, he was peeing and pooping in the toilet. But that's not the answer to your question... I always just put the diaper on him like I always did, as tight as normal. He's always mess with it, I supposed it probably was a little uncomfortable, but he never complained any, just reajusted and went back to playing.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 7:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i agree even with my son i just put on the diaper and thats it, he never indecated he was uncomfortable, he would still just go go go. lol. like it was said its normal.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I would just point it down and put the diaper on, I woul dnot tap it or anything ouch poor guy.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son always has an erect penis, it happens alot in the mornings or when he has to urinate. I just put the diaper on, it does not matter, they are small anyways so you will not hurt him.
    crode22

Answer by crode22 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009