Reflexology?

I am taking a course on reflexology and want to start a career. I live in a small town and only a few spas offer this service.

My question is, would you pay for this service? I want to work freelance and want opinions before sinking more money into it.Thanks!

About:

In general terms the benefits of reflexology have to do with the reduction of stress. Because the feet and hands help set the tension level for the rest of the body they are an easy way to interrupt the stress signal and reset homeostasis, the body's equilibrium.

Whether reflexology can benefit certain conditions and diseases in still under investigation. Further scientific study need to be done in order to come to some definite benefits of reflexology in regard to illness and disease.

Reflexology is a complement to standard medical care. It should not be construed as medical advice. It should not be a replacement to medical help.

jalex

Asked by jalex at 7:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Health

• I would not pay to have it done, I am a massage therapist and I feel massage's work better. That is my personal opinion though, I hated the reflexology portion of my training. I do not know where you live but where I am no one offers it unless you drive an hour away!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2009