EJ is almost 10 months old and now he is starting to hit people (including me). Can you tell me some ways to get him out of hitting?

He is very active and for the most part he is real sweet until he wants something and then he starts swinging and bopping his head.

FL1908

Asked by FL1908 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• with my nephew we told him no every time and distract him with something else
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:27 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• if you know that he is hitting you because he wants something in particular say no very seriously... and dont give it to him ....if you do your giving in and showing him that hitting is a way for him to get what he wants, my son screams at times with me but when i say no its no and i have to remember that it cant be yes for a while because he will then miss out on understanding "NoO" he might think its no for now later yes so again with me its always a no and i stick to it and if its a not now issue then i wont say no ill say something else like later
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2009