Home Schooling Question?

if you home school your child/children would you please answer with the link. I have a friend that is thinking of Homeschooling her kids and I was wondering what options are out there? Thank You!

poobear5

Asked by poobear5 at 8:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I homeschool and would be glad to help or answer any questions. What problems are there with the three oldest? message me if you like.
    Mary
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 1:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• what kind of options are you talking about? Cirriculum? We are beginning homeschooling next year for 3 of our kids. One 6th grade, one 2nd grade and one preschool. I am using more than one cirricululm and also depending on learning styles. My lean is towards the ACE (accelerated christian education) and also the Abeka for the younger child. THere are SO many more to choose from. A good place to start would be some of the homeschooling groups here. They are quite knowedgable about cirriculum and some of them don't use one at all. Its a big task. Kudos to your friend for taking her childs education into her responsibility. I hope it goes well for her.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my friend has 4 kids and she has 3 special needs children....their ages are 12, 8, 6, & 4.....the 3 oldest are the special needs children---they are all a bunch of sweet hearts---i have already found the state website for the information to start her out on homeschooling them she just wants enough info on everything she needs to get done and so on...if that makes any sense at all...i told her that i would try my best to find out what i could for her...we figured that her homschooling her kids would be better than getting all the BS that the school keeps giving her because of all the days her kids miss on the count of them being sick 99% of the time....i want to help her as much as possible and whatever info and help i can get on here to would be greatly appreciated------- TY
    poobear5

Answer by poobear5 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2009