I need sleep!!!

My 9 month old dd barely slept last night. I think I got a total of 3 maybe 4 hours of broken sleep. She was really warm so I gave her some motrin last night and undressed her. I think she might be teething because she's playing with her ears a lot and coughing. Any suggestions on how to get her to sleep through the night. I really need my sleep because I'm 4 months preggers too and i get worned down too easily

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she is playing with her ears alot, she might have an ear infection. A fever can be a sign of infection, laying down flat causes more pressure and pain in the inner ear. It could be just teething or it could be an ear infection, have her checked by her Dr. to rule one out.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:31 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i agree with midnightmoma if she is pulling at her ears a lot you should get her checked out to make sure she doesn't have an ear infection especially if motrin doesn't help. when my daughter was teethng she never did that just drooled and fussed a lot. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You should get her checked for an ear infection. When my son had one he didnt want to lay down and he only wanted to sleep if I was holding him. He was very young, but you should give the doc a call just in case.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009