do you agree with this

Men need to have sex to feel loved........

women need to feel loved to have sex

dee778

Asked by dee778 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I know on the surface it seems like that, but I think most people are deeper than that.
    I know my dh has an emotional need for love not just physical. And I know lots of women (and have been one my self) , who doesn't feel love unless someone wants them sexually.
    It's gives you your self worth. At least until you can hopefully grow out of it. I think it comes from growing up without a positive male influence,having only a negative one or none at all.
    promom

Answer by promom at 10:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think it's a generalization, it may be true in many cases, but I don't think it is true for all cases.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 8:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I disagree on both counts. Men need sex so they don't implode. Women have sex for two reasons..they want a physical closeness for an hour a week or a lifetime. Love is more involved with it for SOME women. I think this is the reason women say 'I love you" so fast in relationships....and men don't usually.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:49 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yes its basically true. A man wants the physical first so that he can feel the emotional and a woman wants the emotional first so that she can want the physical. Its a pretty fundamental part of the way we are made.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No. I don't. I think it's a generalization that *could* be true for many, but isn't true for a lot. I know plenty of women who *need sex* to feel loved. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I agree
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yay in most cases.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009