How bad was it? Merinna? Maybe TMI

I got the merinna IUD 2 1/2 weeks ago. I hadnt had a period yet and I didnt bleed after I got it. Now I have some brownish blood coming out. So my question is how bad was your first period after getting the IUD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Very heavy for me and dark brownish blood, it was also the first period I had after having my daughter which was 6 months after having her. But in general my IUD caused heavy period with darker blood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I got the Mirena put in, in January. I didn't bleed for like 2wks and the all of a sudden I started bleeding and have been bleeding since then. So I don't really know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I bled for about a month on and off after my IUD was in. It was 6 weeks after my son was born. It was brownish....after my daughter was born...she is the oldest...I didn't have any irregular periods when my IUD was put in....but it was put in a few months after she was born.....
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yeah....I had mine put in in July,I think, and I didn't bleed right after but when I got my 1st period it felt like it lasted forever! They say it's suppose to give you shorter lighter periods but I haven't seen one yet!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 9:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My first one I had real bad back pains, brownish blood and it lasted for about 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I haven't had the IUD put in but my dr said it was pretty much the same as the shot and with that i bled for 2 weeks strait and then nothing for almost 3 years and i only had it for 9 months so i guess everyone is different.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i had a heavy period both after my son was born (7 weeks after) and a heavy period a few weeks after i got my mirena put in. Now my periods are very odd. They usually are lighter and last fewer days, sometimes they are only one day, but once a week. It really messes with my hormones...
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 1:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2009