is there anyway to relieve sharp vaginal pain? is this pain a sign of labor?

i am 31 weeks pregnant with my 1st child.

janelle88

Asked by janelle88 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• never heard of it..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Its most likely just the baby sitting on a nerve and it shoots down through the vaginal area.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i agree with momofsaee but if your really worried about it your shoud call your Dr. just to make sure. Hope all is well.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• its nothing, i had it throughout my pregnancy. the baby is restin on a nerve and i could never figure out how to stop it
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• hey im 35 weeks and the same thing happens with my body lol..and this is also my first child..and i tell ya..currently my ribs are KILLING me..i woke up in pain lol..

its all part of pregnancy, unless you get a lot more discharge or start bleeding then id call your OB right away!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It's normal. It's just the moving of your pubic bones and your ligaments stretching. If it was a sign of labor I would of had this baby by now. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Just ligaments stretching. I am only 17 weeks and I have been having that pain since like 12 weeks. Hurts to walk, stand, put my pants on. Nothing you can do except bare it and then it goes away once the baby is born.
    LandonsMa0403

Answer by LandonsMa0403 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• hey gurl. Yeah I am 9 1/2 weeks and have that problem. the doc said that its the baby resting on a nerve.
    Brittany8774

Answer by Brittany8774 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think it is stretching too, I am about 23 weeks and have been having the same pain- I am with my third...

lately she has started kicking me there too...JOY!!!
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009