is sterp contagiouse?

i might have strep i will know 2morrow, this is my first and my right side gland is swollen and it hurts to swollow eat drink talk. i have a 3 year old and i babysit an 18 month old, i am staying back but i still have diapers and all. and i wash hands, theres and mine. but just in case anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Health

• Yes it is contagious. If you have it, it might not be a bad idea to have the little ones checked if they have symptoms. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yeah it is contagious. Usually though docs do a quick strep too. How'd that come back, that rarely but it can come back false. I'd be most concerned cuz of the 18 month old not yours. You should tell the mom. Don't share straws forks cups etc. If you have plastic utensils until you can get on meds that'd be good for even the kids to use until it's figured out. Just curious why are you babysitting if you're so sick, wouln't it be easier on you since your own baby is three to not have some one else's little one around? I hope you feel better mommy. Gargle too with warm salt water about every hour. And I find that apple sauce little little spoonfuls works wonders for sore throats. Sorry you're not feeling well. Get BETTER!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Strep is very contagious. Ideally wearing a mask is the best option but most people don't just have them around the house. Hand wash. Be sure to cover mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing. Don't share glasses, utelsils and avoid kisses until you have been on antibiotics for 48 hours
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• it's very contagious and you will be contagious untill you have been on anti-biotics and non feverish for about 24 hours
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:27 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i am on antibiotics just started. and before i went to doc i told 18 month olds momma i was sick and it could be yada yada and yes i said strep. but she still droped him off this am. i told her as soon as i know i would tell her, i do wish i could just sleep and rest. they did do a quick check with came out neg but she was sending down to the lab just in case. will find out on thursday. i also mumbled to dh who was "working late" to have a comoncerisy to come home and help me im sick and hurt. needless to say he was home just after 7pm. but he was trying to help. and thank u anon~9:16 xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Very contagious
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• YES!!!All of my children got it after one came down with it.When you wash your dishes use a little bleach in the dish water it won't hurt.
    Diva804

Answer by Diva804 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009