Does anyone wipe their kids after they poop?

I have a 9! year old and a 5 year old and I still wipe their keisters after they poop. I can't trust that they can do it themselves and don't want them walking around with a stinky keister. How do I make sure they do it right?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My 7 yr old son still doesnt do a good job. WHen he turned 6, I was still doing it for him and I got tired of it because he wouldn't even try. My husband started making him and then having him check. Now that hes 7, he does it but if he needs help, his dad does it. We don't do it for him but if we feel he hasn't done a good job, then we will follow up with him. Sometimes kids won't do for themselves what mom will do for them. The wet wipes are a must but don't flush them. Its not good for the sewer and septic systems, regardless of what the package says. I just throw them away and then have him take out the trash. Just start making them do it and then follow up. Eventually you won't have to check behind them (no pun intended..lol)
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• -at nine they should be wiping their own butt! five is iffy...... but NINE?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• get them some wet wipes...and tell them how to do it..then the first few times check to see that thye have done it right..if they havent then go with them let them do it and make sure they are doing it right..then check them again..they will eventually learn what to do to makesure they are poop free down there lol
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 9:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i wipe my kids but i try to make my 6 year old son do it himself i buy the wipes every now and then the wipes are to teach kids to wipe themselves good
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yes I know, 9! He does massive poops.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Wow..You just teach them. If you need to get kids flushable wet wipes for the bathroom. All mine were independantly wiping their own behind by the time they were 5 for sure.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My 3 year old just smears poop around on herself if she is left to her own devices. I would try leaving some baby wipes out for them and see if that helps
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No, my 8 year old daughter has been told to wipe from front to back, to avoid infection, and wipes her own butt. If it's a messy one she washes up with baby wipes. I don't need to touch her there for any reason. She's old enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT TRAINING STARTS AT HOME BESIDES WHEN HE LEARNS TO DO IT THE PROPER WAY HE WILL NO LONGER NEED U BUT FOR NOW DO WHAT U THINK IS BEST.
    threetimesaroun

Answer by threetimesaroun at 10:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• What do they do at school? Just tell them to wipe until clean but don't stop up the commode. Stop wiping their tooshies they are growing up, IMHO.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2009